Saturday, November 28, 2015

Struggling with Node package installation behind proxy?

Recently Microsoft has released kit for node.js application development on top of Visual Studio. I have been exploring this from last few days. I was getting proxy related error which is something like this

NodeJS ETIMEOUT ERROR

In time of package installation of node. It was saying that, as you are behind proxy you cannot install package without setting proper proxy.

Anyway, I spent a single day with every possible solution from stack overflow and other site too by configuring node configuration file as per there suggestion but no luck.

At last, I found one answer in stack overflow( Which was not marked as answer though ! ) which suggesting to delete the proxy setting and the command is here.

    npm config delete proxy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh…… !!!!!! That works’ for me. After a long search I could able to solve the issue.
 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your article but dont forget "if the knowledge shared is knowledge". but also yo are right for dont share. I understand you.

    ReplyDelete