Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Convert Excel files to Html

Background
My work is related to financial processing. As you know, Excel file is very popular and widely used in processing date. Excel enables us to do mathematical calculation of the data stored inside it. And I use it a lot in my work. But when presenting the data, Excel is not a good solution for me. I need other file format to present the data to my users.  And Html is the format which I prefer. So I need some sort of means to convert Excel files to Html. I surfed on the Internet and found a free library – Spire.XLS that can meet my need. Check it here.

Introduction
Spire.XLS is a .NET component that enables you to create Excel files, edit existing Excel files and convert Excel files. In a word, using it you can manipulate Excel files very easily. Let’s create a very simple Excel file using it.

First, create a Workbook instance. A Workbook instance represents an Excel file.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Then get the first Worksheet.

Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Set A1 in the first Worksheet to “TEST”.

sheet.Range["A1"].Text = "TEST";

At last, save the document.

workbook.SaveToFile("result.xlsx", FileFormat.Version2010);

 It is neat to create an Excel file using the library. Check the generated file here:
Convert to Html format
In the last section, I introduce you how to create an Excel file. In this part, I will introduce you how to convert Excel file to Html.
First, create a Workbook instance. A Workbook instance represents an Excel file.
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Load the sample file.
workbook.LoadFromFile("sample.xlsx");

Then get the first Worksheet.
Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Convert the first Worksheet to Html.
sheet.SaveToHtml("result.html");
Source file:
Screenshot of generated html file:



I hope this article can do you some help. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment