Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wrapper class in C#

Let’s learn wrapper class today. Below is the formal bookish definition of Wrapper class.
wrapper class is any class which "wraps" or "encapsulates" the functionality of 
another class or component. These are useful by providing a level of abstraction from the 
implementation of the underlying class or component;
Not much clear , Right ?
Ok let me give example from my experience. I have a class for TAX calculation containing method to calculate TAX, and my another class called SALARY calculator is there. Now to calculate salary I want to use TAX calculator class. And my interest is that I will not disclose to other class “How I am calculating TAX”?. Then I will simply wrap my TAX calculator class by SALARY class. 
components. Have a look of below code. Though it’s another example one.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Collections;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using System.Data;
using System.Diagnostics;

namespace BlogProject
{
    class Wrapper  //Wrapper Class
    {
        class InnerClass  //Inner Class
        {
            public Int32 ProcessData(int Val)
            {
                return Val + 1;
            }
        }

        public Int32 CallRapper()
        {
            Wrapper.InnerClass wpr = new Wrapper.InnerClass(); // Internally call to Wrapper class.
            return wpr.ProcessData(100);
        }
    }

    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Wrapper w = new Wrapper();
            Console.WriteLine("Data Process by inner class and show by Wrapper Class:-"+ w.CallRapper());
          
            Console.ReadLine();
        }
    }

}






No comments:

Post a Comment